Fire Marshal Health and Safety Training
Nominated Fire Marshals (or Fire Wardens) help to coordinate the safe evacuation from a workplace in a fire emergency.
Our training is tailored to individual workplaces so that exit routes and fire arrangements can be demonstrated.
Our standard fire marshal training includes:
- Workplace fire statistics and examples
- Fire causes
- Principles of Fire Risk Assessment
- Fire detection and warning
- Means of escape.
- How fires start and the fire triangle
- Potential fire hazards
- Examples of bad practice
- Incident controller duties
- Fire Marshal duties
- Fire evacuation procedures
- Types of fire extinguisher
- Using a fire extinguisher safely
- Practical fire extinguisher demonstration
- Short fire film
- Power Point presentation with interactive questions and answers throughout
- Handouts include; presentation, Fire Safety Guide Book
- Duration: one and a half hours, including questions
- Ideal course size: the venue will dictate numbers, but suggested maximum of 15 delegates
- Course evaluation forms