Workplace Risk Assessment
Identifying potential hazards and managing risks to health and safety is essential in ensuring a safe working environment.
Employers must complete written risk assessments on activities that could, or do, present a significant health & safety risk to either employees or others affected by your activities. These will be carried out at places where the risk is likely to be encountered, and those at risk must be informed of results, procedures and of any significant change to them.
A risk assessment is the careful examination of what could cause harm to people whilst at work. The overall aim should always be to ensure that enough precautions have been taken to prevent harm from happening.
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) defines a risk assessment as a process involving the identification of hazards arising out of work activities and evaluating the extent of the risks involved, taking into account the existing precautions and their effectiveness.
A hazard is something with the potential to cause harm, which includes substances, equipment, methods of work, the work environment and other aspects of work organisation.
A risk is the likelihood of potential harm from a hazard being realised. The extent of the risk will depend on:
- The likelihood of that harm occurring.
- The potential severity of that harm, i.e. of any resultant injury or adverse health effect.
- The population that might be affected by the hazard, i.e. the number of people who might be exposed.
We can assist you in carrying out risk assessments in your workplace which are proportionate to the type of activities that you carry out. We achieve this by:
- Identifying the need for specific workplace risk assessments during our Health and Safety Audits and Inspection.
- Providing Risk Assessor training for nominated employees.
- Providing a range of risk assessment templates to cover different work activities.
- Assist in carrying out risk assessments that require specialist knowledge or expertise.
- Ensuring that systems are in place to inform employees about risk control measures.
- Ensuring that risk assessments are reviewed.
- Free Online Health and Safety Assessment
- Health and Safety Competent Person
- Health and Safety Outsourcing
- Health and Safety Audit and Inspections
- Health and Safety Policy
- International Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Management
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Workplace Risk Assessment
- DDA Access Audit
- Occupational Stress Audit
- Environmental Compliance Consultants
- DSE Assessment
- Accident investigation - RIDDOR
- Health and Safety Committee and Action Planning
- Health and Safety Aspects of Tenders
- Health and Safety Annual Report