“I find Arinite professional, responsive and committed to ensuring excellent health and safety practices within the workplace and within our resident’s homes.
I would recommend Arinite, they are responsive and reply very quickly to correspondence.
In addition to this our consultant is highly knowledgeable and is able to give us up to date information and guidance on a wide range of health and safety matters.
Having an independent person to run scenarios and situations past has resulted in reduced costs for example when we have received reports from insurers.”
Housing Operations Manager, Sapphire Independent Housing, June 2017
Fire Safety Residential Care Premises
Care Homes aim to provide a homely and welcoming environment for their residents but providers must also comply with workplace law.
Key points to consider
- Carry out regular assessments of the premises, to ensure they are in good repair.
- Conduct a fire risk assessment and implement appropriate preventive and protective measures to ensure that residents and staff can evacuate to a place of safety in good time.
- Identify any asbestos-containing materials in your premises and implement a system for controlling the risks.
- Arrange for an assessment if your premises are in a radon-affected area.
- Ensure all utilities are properly maintained.
- Check all contractors are competent, and do not put your staff and residents at risk.
- Assess the risks from outside areas and the risks of vehicles moving around the premises.
- Reduce any risk around DSE workstations.