COSHH Assessor Training
The objectives of Control of Hazardous Substances to Health (COSHH) training are to:
- Meet the legal requirement to provide training to employees exposed to hazardous substances.
- Give an overview of the legal requirements and best practice.
- Enable a better appreciation of the health aspects of work.
The training covers:
- Description and explanation of hazardous substances.
- How health can be affected.
- 8 steps to comply with COSHH.
- COSHH assessment form and practical exercise to complete a COSHH assessment.
- Power Point presentation and interactive question and answer with delegates.
- COSHH assessment exercise.
- Handouts of Power Point presentation, COSHH assessment documentation, HSE guides on COSHH Assessment.
- Duration: 2 to 2.5 hours depending on size of course and working area risk level.
- Ideal course size: 1 to15 delegates