According to IOSH in May 2011, injuries and ill health cost industry £8 billion a year.
The same accidents happen again and again, causing suffering and distress to an ever-widening circle of workers and their families. The investigation and analysis of work-related accidents and incidents forms an essential part of managing health and safety. However, learning the lessons from what you uncover is at the heart of preventing accidents and incidents.
Arinite will help you to adopt a systematic approach to determining why an accident or incident has occurred and the steps you need to take to make sure it does not happen again.
Our Health and Safety Consultants perform an accident investigation by
- Carrying out an investigation that involves an analysis of all the information available, physical (the scene of the incident), verbal (the accounts of witnesses) and written (risk assessments, procedures, instructions, job guides etc.), to identify what went wrong and determine what steps must be taken to prevent the adverse event from happening again.
- Carrying out investigations which identify root causes so that organisations can learn from their past failures and prevent future failures.
- Dealing with the immediate causes of an adverse event may provide a short-term fix. However, in time, the underlying/root causes that were not addressed will allow conditions to develop where further adverse events are likely, possibly with more serious consequences. We will ensure that that the immediate, underlying causes and root causes are all identified and advice will be given.
We will ensure that the investigation is thorough and structured to avoid bias and false conclusions. A good investigation involves a systematic and structured approach.
In the event of a serious workplace accident or near miss, our health and safety consultants can provide assistance on site and liaise with enforcement authorities as required.
- Free Online Health and Safety Assessment
- Health and Safety Competent Person
- Health and Safety Outsourcing
- Health and Safety Audit and Inspections
- Health and Safety Policy
- International Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Management
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Workplace Risk Assessment
- DDA Access Audit
- Occupational Stress Audit
- Environmental Compliance Consultants
- DSE Assessment
- Accident investigation - RIDDOR
- Health and Safety Committee and Action Planning
- Health and Safety Aspects of Tenders
- Health and Safety Annual Report